I was never an Oprah watcher – but I always loved her lists of favorite things. I heard somewhere that her staff collects THOUSANDS of items and then it get narrowed down to a few hundred that O sees/tastes/tries/samples herself. I’m participating in a blog circle today and we’re all showing you our favorite things a la Oprah.
This little list isn’t nearly comprehensive – and WHY is it that I can never think of my favorite things? I love sharpies – but didn’t think of that until rightnow. Same with pain au chocolate, my camera, anything chevron… Serious brain fail.
But if I was Oprah and you were on my show today, this is what you’d go home with:
1. A Le Creuset Dutch Oven (Source) I use mine quite often – it’s good for SO many things! My most favorite dish to cook in it is carne guisada. It looks like the lime green one isn’t available anymore (thats the color I have) but this blue is divine.
2. A cashmere sweater (Source) There really is just something special about pulling on a perfect cashmere sweater. If you take care of it – it will last forever and it just gets softer and softer!
3. MacKenzie-Childs Pedestal Bowl (Source) So fun for serving, for fruit or for a catch all in the kitchen. It’s whimsical, fun and totally unique.
4. Valentino Big Pink Bow Bag (Source) I’m just not even going to go into all the details of why this bag is awesome. Or why you need one in your life.
5. Vera Wang Diving Moccasins (Source) The perfect comfy but not sloppy shoe good for just about anything. Since they are available in a variety of price points there is no excuse to not have a pair in your favorite color.
6. Martha Stewart Glitter (Source) Seriously. If I didn’t include glitter on my list of favorite things you might need to check my pulse.
7. David Yurman Cable Bracelet (Source) Yurman was one of the first to mix and match sterling silver and yellow gold and make it mainstream. This bracelet is special enough to give for an event or milestone but casual enough to wear everyday. I love how it nestles right down by my watch.
Anything on there you really DO wish I was giving away? I’d love any of those things under my tree – and anything from the Glam Gift Guide, too! (Are you listening, Santa??? Just kidding. I actually like it when Santa/Jojo surprises me. She’s just good like that!)
Want more favorite things?
Continue on in the blog circle to see what Colleen of San Antonio Mom Blogs rounded up – there are a total of 10 bloggers participating in this circle and you’ll get 10 totally different lists. Enjoy!