As my favorite celebrity stylist says: I die.
Not being a huge fan of pumpkin pie I was surprised how very much I loved these muffins. This recipe is a mash up of several that I’ve tried and “fixed”.
(You know how we roll here… I’m not a recipe writer. I try.)
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1/4 c oil
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour (plus a sprinkle for the chocolate chips)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (or, pumpkin pie spice)
1 c packed pumpkin
1 c chocolate chips (dark and semi-sweet both taste good!)
Cook Time: about 30 min (for regular muffin size)
1. Beat the eggs well and stir in oil and sugar until well mixed.
2. Combine dry ingredients and incorporate well into the wet ingredients.
3. Fold in the pumpkin (I’ve accidentally bought and used pumpkin pie filling and it works just fine, too.) until almost completely incorporated. Toss chocolate chips in a little flour and mix into the batter until everything is happy and mixed up.
4. Scoop into muffin tins, or mini muffin tins, or jumbo muffin tins, or those cool liners that don’t need a tin.
5. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
6. Inhale. (The amazing fall-ish aroma or the muffins. Whatever works for you.)